Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Windows 10 installation & Upgrade from Windows 8.1

It was quite a coincedence that i recieved my Surface the same day Microsoft did the Windows 10 preview and today i have Windows 10 on my Surface.

Before i upgraded my Surface to Windows 10, i thought to do a fresh install on a VM running locally on the Hyper-V. The insatllation steps looks quite similar to Windows 8/8.1 so not much fun here..


Accept the License Terms
Select the Type of Installation
Hardisk Partition

Let the magic begin

Reboot the machine

Setting up stuff for 


Taking care of few things

Windows Feedback Applicaiton

Since, the installation was easy and OS looks quite interesting, i planned to do an upgrade on my Surface to test out things and provide feedback to Microsoft. 


Upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 9

I extracted the ISO on my Surface and ran the setup. The steps were quite easy but the only difference i found was, that i didnt ask me to install the OS from scratch or just to do an upgrade on the existing one. I believe Microsoft is planning to release it as an Upgrade like they did for Windows 8.1.

Although, Upgrade was quite simple and all my applications were fine but please note, since it was my new Surface, i still didnt have the complete blown up version of the OS i use on day to day basis. If you may install the OS as dual boot via booting from ISO, i believe but still needs to be tested.






Go to Windows Preview site to download the OS and help build a better OS. (Only if you know how & why you wanna do it) 


No comments:

Post a Comment